Seiko 5 Sport - ‘55th anniversary Masked Rider’ Limited Edition
This limited edition watch has been created in collaboration with ‘Masked Rider’ – a cult vintage Japanese Manga TV series.
The design takes its inspiration from the 1968 ‘Hongo model’ – the watch worn by Takeshi Hongo – the main character from ‘Masked Rider.’
The dial and index from the original piece have been retained within a modern SKX design and reinterpretation. The dial colour matches the Masked Rider’s face mask, whilst the grained calf leather strap with its red underside is inspired by the character’s scarf. The Tachibana racing club logo that features on his bike in the programme, is marked on the back of this piece.
This watch has a 4R36 Automatic calibre movement, and 100 metres water resistance – each limited edition piece comes with a special edition box.
Seiko 5 Sports is known for over fifty years of reliability, durability, performance and value. ‘’5’’ represents the original five key features of every Seiko 5 still present today: Automatic movement, Day-date display, Water Resistance, Recessed crown and Durable case and bracelet.
- Caliber Number: 4R36
- Movement Type: Automatic with manual winding
- Power reserve: Approx. 41 hours
- Jewels: 24
- Stop second hand function
- Day/Date display
Distance between lugs: 22
- Case Material: Stainless steel
- Crystal: Hardlex
- LumiBrite: LumiBrite on hands, index(es) and bezel
Water Resistance: 10 bar
- LIMITED EDITION on the case back
- Serial number engraved on the case back
- Unidirectional rotating bezel
- Three-fold clasp with secure lock
- See-through & Screw case back